|It is with great pleasure that I take on the role of ISES Melbourne Chapter President and one that I look forward to undertaking.
My goals for the next two years include:
1. Increase Membership - In order for our organisation to be successful we need committed members who are passionate about the events industry. I will be ensuring we source members in areas that we are under-represented in order to increase networking opportunities and build a stronger organisation.
2. I would like to see increased benefits for members and feel this can be done by nurturing relationships, helping members "Communicate, Connect and Create" opportunities and consider traineeships and group purchasing deals.
3. Conduct informative educational sessions for businesses on current and relevant topics such as IR, wages, search engine optimization and social media.
4. Ensure events are profitable so the organisation is in a viable positon to grow and develop. I would also like to see more members involved in sponsoring or organising an event, so please do not hesitate to contact me should you want to feature in an event and promote your product, service or venue.
5. To position ISES to support the professionalization of the events industry. This applies to:
Emerging talent – through educational institutions
Existing talent – through continuing professional development
Future talent- in terms of schools and colleges
6. Build on the strength of the Executive Board - who we have, where we stand, recruit members to increase ISES perception and gain credibility. Again if you are interested in joining the Executive Committee, please give me a call.
I look forward to an exciting and rewarding term with the ISES Melbourne Chapter.